Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Star Fruit

I'm always looking for new fruits to try with the kids. The fact this fruit is super cute made me want to try it even more. This one didn't taste as good as it looked (in my opinion). It is hard to describe the flavor. It tastes almost like a green apple. That's probably why I didn't care for it. I don't like sour fruits. Plus, it's much cheaper to buy organic apples than it is to buy star fruit.

Star Fruit

For more info on Star Fruits check out this link: www.fruitsandveggiesmatter.gov

NOTE: After posting this a follower pointed out that if it tastes like an apple then it's not ripe. I will for sure try again and update my findings.

2 comments:

  1. If it tasted like a green apple, it likely wasn't ripe. Unfortunately. Ripe star fruit is delicious!

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carambola

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I read it stated that when the skin starts to turn brown on the edges, it's ready. And it was. Hmmm...I will have to try again! :) THANKS!

    ReplyDelete