Thursday, January 12, 2012

{Slow Cooked} Shredded Mexican Chicken

I am not sure why it has taken me so long to post a recipe for this chicken. I LOVE Mexican food. My only guess is that we always are in a hurry to eat it that I never have time to take a picture.

I love to have a few meals that I can throw  gently toss ingredients into a slow cooker and not worry about it until mealtime.  This recipe is great because there are so many things you can do with the chicken once it's cooked. Quesadillas, Tacos, Nachos, Salads, Soups...ok, you get the point. 

This recipe is designed for little effort. I chose to use an {all natural} fresh salsa to avoid chopping of cilantro, jalapenos, tomatos, etc.


{Slow Cooked} Shredded Mexican Chicken



Ingredients:
  • 1lb +- {organic} chicken breast
  • 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 Tbsp chili powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp cumin 
  • 1/2 tsp coriander 
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1 cup of {all natural} fresh salsa

Directions:
1)  Add all ingredients to a crockpot. Stir to coat.
2)  Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8. Or until meat separates easily.
3)  Using forks, shred chicken.

NOTE: This recipe is easy to double. If you feel like getting a healthy meal ready at dinner time is difficult, try making double and freezing half for next week. Also, make sure your salsa doesn't have any preservatives and additives.



No comments:

Post a Comment