Have you seen the price tag on clean granola cereal? It's not cheap and you can't control how it's sweetened.
However, the good news is, you can make your own at home for a fraction of the cost! This recipe is so simple a child can make it! My daughter helped me make our first batch but she will be making it on her own next time.
- 3 cups Old Fashioned oats
- 3 Tbps Coconut Sugar
- 3/4-1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup raw pecans (no oils added), chopped
- 1/3 cup honey (local is best choice) or use Pure Maple Syrup
- 1-2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup organic unrefined coconut oil, melted
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
1) Add the top 5 ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.
2) Add honey, vanilla and coconut oil to a small bowl and mix well.
3) Add the wet to the dry and mix (we used our hands) until evenly coated.
4) Spread evenly on a baking pan. Bake for about 20-30 min, stirring every 10 min.
NOTE: It will harden as it cools. Eat it dry or pour some UNSWEETENED coconut milk or almond milk on it. It's delicious!