Grean Bean Casserole
(prepped and ready to bake)
- 2 Tbsp Organic EVOO
- 1 Tbps Grass-fed Butter
- 1 small container of button mushrooms (or a type of your choosing)
- 1/4 cup sweet onion diced (or shallot)
- minced garlic (2-3 cloves)
- 1 Tpsp Soy Sauce or Tamari Sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 carton of Pacific Condensed Mushroom or Trader Joe's Brand
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 4-6 cups of Organic frozen or fresh green beans
- Trader Joe's Fried Onion Pieces or you can make your own. (Find out how here: French Fried Onions )
- 1 Tbsp Thyme -optional
1) Add EVOO to pan and saute garlic, mushrooms and onions under tender over medium heat.
2) Add soy sauce, water, condensed mushroom and butter and reduce heat. Stir until butter has melted.
3) In a casserole dish add the green beans (Mine were long so I had to break in half), add the mixture and stir well.
4) Add onion pieces to the top right before baking.
5) Bake at 325 for 20-25 minutes until green beans are tender. (It make take longer)
NOTE: I am not precooking my greens beans like many recipes say to do. I will report back, but I am confident they will be fine cooking at a lower temp for a longer time.
You can also raise the temp for the last 5 minutes to help get the onion pieces nice and crispy.
Salt and Pepper to taste.