Tuesday, January 15, 2013

{clean} Black Bean Hummus

I made this hummus the same time I was making the Tex-Mex Polenta Pizza. I figured, why not use another chipotle pepper in something while I have them?! 

Call it a dip, call it a hummus, or just call it simple!  I didn't know what to call it. I love black beans and I love hummus. Instead of eating my chips or veggies by themselves this is a great dip to go with them. You can use this for black bean quesadillas too.

Kick up the heat a knotch and add more than one chipotle pepper.


{clean} Black Bean Hummus

Ingredients:
  • 1 can {organic} low sodium black beans (I use Simple Truth at Kroger)
  • 1 cup carrots 
  • 1 Tbps {organic} extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce 
  • 1 Tbps cumin
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder 
Directions:

Add all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until creamy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment