Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Grilled Apple Stack

I seriously could grill everything outside now that the weather has improved in Indiana.  If you haven't tried grilling your fruit, you should! You can adjust this recipe depending on how many apples you use.  

Grilled Apple Stack

Ingredients:

  • 2 large apples, cut in 1/2 inch circles and cored. (I used Gala)
  • 2 Tbsp maple syrup
  • 1-2 tsp olive oil
  • 1/2-1 tsp cinnamon (depending on how much you like it)
1) Mix maple syrup, olive oil, and cinnamon in a small dish, this will be your mixture.
2) Heat grill to approx 350-400 degrees.
3) Coat one side of apples with the mixture and put mixture side down on the grill. Cook 6-8 minutes.
4) Coat other side of the apples. Flip and cook an additional 6-8 minutes.

Serve with {all-natural} vanilla ice cream. 

NOTE: Please keep in mind all grills are different so keep an eye on them the first time you make them. I don't own a corer so I cut the circles and then used my round 1/2 tsp measuring spoon.  Of course you can cut your apples any way you choose.

UPDATE: I would use Barlean's Organic Coconut oil instead of Olive Oil now. 

KID APPROVED??? YES! 

1 comment: