Monday, January 17, 2011

PARMESAN CRUSTED TILAPIA

I rarely make fish at our house. Probably because I didn't grow up eating it. Fish is an excellent source of protein and contains the very best fats, omega-3 fatty acids.  I don't care for seafood much at all, but one thing I have found I do like is Tilapia. 

There is evidence suggesting that eating seafood helps prevent or alleviate high blood pressure, stroke, cancer, depression, asthma, type 2 diabetes and Alzheimer's Disease. It's actually pretty amazing! Sadly, Tilapia doesn't have high amounts of the omega-3 fatty acids, but it's a start in the right direction.  

Parmesan Crusted Tilapia


Ingredients
  • 5-6 Tilapia fillets (I use frozen from Costco)
  • 1 c Parmesan cheese 
  • 2 tsp Paprika
  • 3/4 c Almond Meal
  • 1-2 tsp Olive Oil
  • 1/4 tsp Sea or Kosher Salt


    1)  Thaw fillets and Preheat over to 400°.
    2)  In a shallow dish, mix cheese, almond meal, paprika and salt together.
    3)  Dredge fish in cheese mixture. Make sure to evenly coat all fillets.
    4)  Place fish on foil-lined baking sheet.  Drizzle with Olive Oil.
    5)  Bake for 25-30 minutes or until fish is opaque at the thickest part. 
         (mine takes a little longer b/c I don't completely thaw the fish)

    NOTE: Cooking time will vary depending on if you are using frozen or fresh fillets. 
              I found my almond meal at Trader Joe's.

    Side dish suggestions: Garlic Green Beans and Baked Potato.

    KID APPROVED??? NO WAY! :)



    No comments:

    Post a Comment