Monday, January 24, 2011

Chicken Nuggets

My kids used to live on frozen processed nuggets.  They are nugget addicts! And sadly, I'll admit, I was to blame for buying them! They will still eat processed nuggets from time to time, just not at home.  
This was one of the very first menu items I wanted to replace at home.  It makes me {overjoyed} to have this dinner item requested in our home by my 6 year old.  I hope you enjoy this super simple {clean} nugget recipe.


Chicken Nuggets

Ingredients

  • 3 Chicken Breasts
  • 3/4 c Wheat Germ
  • 3/4 c Almond Meal
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed
  • 1/2 tsp Kosher or Sea Salt
  • 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
  • 1/2 c Egg Whites


1.)  Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare baking sheet by lining with parchment paper or coating lightly with olive oil spray.
2.)  Cut chicken breasts into nugget-sized pieces, about 1.5 inch square. Set aside.
3.)  Next, combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.  This is your coating mixture.
4.)  Put egg-white liquid in a medium bowl. Dip each piece in the egg-white mixture. Then dip each piece in the coating mixture. Make sure each piece is well coated.
5.)  Place on the baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.

Try them with this {clean} dipping sauce...

Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
  • 1 1/2 tsp Honey
  • 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard

KID APPROVED??? YES


No comments:

Post a Comment