Monday, January 17, 2011

GARLIC GREEN BEANS

I have to admit, I used to ONLY eat canned green beans and the thought of using fresh was out of the question. I remember my grandma and mom "snapping" green beans when I was little, so I know they were readily available.  I'm not sure why I didn't care for them. Good news is, I guess time changes people (and their tastes) because I haven't had canned green beans in years.  They just don't sound appealing to me at all!

These green beans are super simple to make and they taste great too! A double win in my book.

Garlic Green Beans

Ingredients

  • 4-5 cups of green beans (fresh or frozen)
  • 2 cloves of minced garlic
  • 1-2 tsp olive oil

1)  In a sauce pan heat oil and garlic.
2)  Add green beans, toss in oil and cover until beans are slightly tender. (approx 3-5 min)
3)  Salt to taste.

NOTE:  I purchase a huge bag of Organic Petite Green Beans from Costco.  It's nice to have some "go to" items in the freezer that are easy and healthy.  For those of you that hate mincing fresh garlic by hand, I suggest you invest in a garlic press-BEST THING EVER!!!

KID APPROVED??? YES 

No comments:

Post a Comment