Tuesday, December 11, 2012

You're giving YOURSELF a headache!

Headaches! I hate headaches. I used to get them often before cleaning up my act. I used to live on Diet Coke and Tylenol. I remember taking Tylenol often.  I wish I would have known that eating clean would transform me {this} much because I would have done a video diary of my typical week prior to the transformation.  Oh well, what's done is done. I am a healthier person now...and more importantly, I have very few headaches.

If you are suffering from daily or weekly headaches, don't immediately go running to the medicine cabinet for pain relievers. Take a look at your daily food consumption.  Are you consuming artificial sweeteners? Are you consuming too much sugar daily? Do you feel like you "crash" at a certain time each day ? It could very well be your diet.



Sugar Dehydration 

Dehydration is a common way to get a headache. Eating too much sugar dehydrates your body in two ways:

Dilution: When you eat too much sugar, your body has to dilute that sugar to keep it from harming your body. 
Urination: One of the ways that your body has of getting rid of excess sugar is to dump it in your urine. This is especially true of diabetics, who have to go to the bathroom a lot.

Think this could be you??? Read more about sugar headaches in this article: www.olsonnd.com 

As for artificial sweeteners, there aren't many studies yet proving they cause headaches. There are a few stating they cause migraines which are so much worse than a true headache. I know they caused mine. With that said, there are still many reasons a person should cut out artificial sweeteners our of their daily life. 

Check out some here: Avoid Artificial Sweetners
  

No comments:

Post a Comment