Friday, December 21, 2012

{clean} Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

I really can't believe I am baking. Little ol' me! The one that used to screw up everything I attempted to bake.  Has {clean eating} changed me in the baking department too? Maybe so....Anyway, on to the point...

A friend suggested I try this recipe. It's fabulous. It has NO processed flour in it! When I was making the recipe and added in the sugar (evaporated cane juice), my daughter kept saying "that's a LOT of sugar!". I couldn't help but laugh and say "Well, it's Christmas time! It's time to make special cookies." 

 This recipe is super simple.  I even made my own Almond Butter with 2 cups of raw almonds and a tsp of Barlean's Coconut Oil in the Vitamix.

{clean} Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies 


Recipe from : www.cleaneatingmag.com

Ingredients:
  • 1 c unsalted almond butter, stirred well
  • 3/4 cup Sucanat (I used evaporated cane juice)
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt
  • 3 oz dark chocolate (70% and greater is best), chips or broken into pieces
Directions:

1) Preaheat oven to 350. In a medium bowl, stir together first 5 ingredients until blended. Stir in chocolate.
2) Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment lined baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and let cool for 15 more minutes.

TIP: After I was done baking I simply slid the parchment paper and cookies on to the top of the stove to cool.  I still don't own a wire rack! It's very important you don't move these cookies until they are completely cooled.


No comments:

Post a Comment