This recipe comes from an AWESOME blog, www.100daysofrealfood.com. If anyone is going to be an inspiration in the clean eating world, Lisa Leake and family rank up at the top of the list. You will have to take some time and read where their journey began.
The Best Whole Chicken in a Crock Pot
Recipe from: www.100daysofrealfood.com
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (red) pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 large chicken
1) Combine the dried spices in a small bowl.
2) Loosely chop the onion and place it in the bottom of the slow cooker.
3) Remove any giblets from the chicken adn then rub the spice mixture all over. You can even put some of the spices inside the cavity and under the skin of the breasts.
4) Put prepared chicken on top of the onions in the slow cooker, cover it, and turn it on to high. There is no need to add any liquid.
5) Cook for 4-5 hours (for a 3 or 4 lb chicken) or until the chicken is falling off the bone. Don't forget to make your homemade stock with the leftover bones.