Tuesday, August 6, 2013

{clean} Smoked Chipotle Peach Salsa

I love salsa! And I love trying to come up with new twist on salsa. This one was inspired by a smoky mango store bought one I tried and loved. This was a big hit at a recent cookout!

{clean} Smoked Chipotle Peach Salsa

Ingredients:
  • 4 ripe peaches (pitted & diced), I left the skin on
  • 1-2 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (I removed the seeds to reduce heat)
  • 1 shallot (diced)
  • 2 red chile peppers, large (these are mild and can be subbed with red pepper), (diced)
  • 3 cloves of roasted garlic (minced), I bought it preroasted in deli
  • 1-3 Tbps of fresh cilantro (minced)
  • 1/2-1 tsp smoked paprika
  • juice of a lime
  • sea salt to taste

Directions:
  1. I took one pitted peach and chipotle pepper(s) and added it to the vitamix for a few seconds to create a "sauce" for the salsa.
  2. Add the rest of the ingredients to a bowl, then add the "sauce" and stir. If you have the time, let the salsa sit overnight in the fridge to enhance the flavors.
NOTE: I left some of the ingredients with ranges of measurements...You will have to play around with the ingredients a bit to get it perfect for you and your family. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment