Thursday, February 28, 2013

Get Organized {the perfect container}

I wish I would have bought new plastic containers a long time ago instead of over 2 years into my clean eating journey. Oh well, live and learn. It was always so stressful dealing with odd shaped containers, not being able to find the perfect lid, or seeing what was inside the plastic container easily. Having coordinating containers (I love the design of them too) has made my life so much easier. Seriously. It's the little things in life that make the greatest impact sometimes.



 I'm here to tell you, if you can afford them, buy them now I bought the OXO brand at Target like this : Locktop Container 

I still plan to buy a few more, but I am trying to figure out what additional sizes I would use most. Not to mention it gets pricey, but I don't want to wait too long and they decide to discontinue the ones I decided to get (that would be my luck)!

Before just running out to purchase new ones you should actually spend some time thinking about what you need.

Features to consider:

Leakproof, airtight lids
BPA free
Clear container to view contents from all angles (even the top)
Freezer safe
Microwave safe
Dishwasher safe
Nesting containers to optimize space
Variety of sizes

I'm very happy with the brand and style I selected.

Here's a look inside my fridge. It's not always this organized, but I strive to keep it this way. It makes selecting and organizing leftovers and prepped food so much easier.


Eating clean involves a lot of prepping and planning. Planning to have leftovers for lunches or another night of the week. Prepping fruit and veggies ahead of time so they are easily accessible.  Not wasting food. Not letting food spoil. I love my new containers. They make it so easy to see what's inside. I found the PERFECT containers for my life. Life is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment