Monday, July 4, 2011

It's grillin time baby!

Happy 4th of July to you!

Grilling outdoors is one of my favorite things to do! It just makes the food taste so "alive" with flavor. Since I live in Indiana it can be more challenging at times to grill outdoors, but I am not afraid to grill out in the snow for good flavor!

Veggie Kabobs

Veggie kabobs are a simple and nutritious thing to make as a side dish. Mix it up with all sorts of colorful peppers, sweet onions, mushrooms, and/or tomatoes. Or anything other veggie you like to throw on the grill!  

Directions:

Take approx. 2 Tbps of Olive Oil and 3-4 cloves of fresh minced garlic and microwave for about 30 seconds(until you smell the garlic).  Add your favorite all natural seasoning, stir, and then brush on kabobs.

NOTE: I use the the 21 Salute Seasoning from Trader Joe's. It's a great all purpose seasoning. Just make sure to read your labels! I had to trash some "dirty" seasonings recently.  I couldn't believe what was in them once I googled the long names! Maybe I'll save that for another post.


No comments:

Post a Comment