Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Frustrated???

Are you wanting to change your overall health? Needing to drop a few pounds?  Are you feeling overwhelmed? If so, then you are just like I was 9 months ago when I set out on this journey of {clean} eating.



There are a few things I would like to share with you that I find very important to the overall success of cleaning up your life.  First, start out with a few small things that you currently do that are considered "dirty" and change those first.  Don't think TOO far into the future just yet.

Each morning I would drink coffee with artificial sweeteners and fat free flavored creamers. Take a look at what was going into my cup of Joe each morning: SACCHARIN, DEXTROSE, CREAM OF TARTAR, SUGAR, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN AND/OR COTTONSEED OIL**, AND LESS THAN 2% OF MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES, DIPOTASSIUM PHOSPHATE, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, SODIUM CASEINATE (A MILK DERIVATIVE)***, COLOR ADDED, CARRAGEENAN, CELLULOSE GEL, CELLULOSE GUM, DISODIUM PHOSPHATE

 I am proud to say that I set my mind to it and now dumped these chemicals and replaced them with organic Stevia and Silk Vanilla Soy Milk.  This might come as a shocker to some of you that don't think it's possible to drop these two habits(let alone reboot your whole life), BUT I am actually happier now that I have made these positive steps in the right direction.  It's these little milestones that will keep you striving for more "cleanliness" in your life.

Secondly, drink water. I have a whole blog entry dedicated to it. It's simple and will have lasting positive changes to your body. Period.

And finally, READ LABELS...and get used to it! I read EVERY single label before it makes it into my shopping cart. It might seem like a lot of work at first but it will soon become second nature. If you truly do want to transform your life and/or your family's life then it's a critical key into {clean eating}.  If you stay away from all the processed foods and eat more fresh produce you will soon find out there are a lot less labels to read anyway.

I'm here to help so let me know if you have any questions. I am still learning and growing in this journey. There isn't much that I can say to you to convince you to give this lifestyle a try besides saying WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE? I see only positive results in my health, weight, and family's health(and that's naming a few things). 

{Eating clean} is more about the weight and fatigue you will LOSE and the hope and years on your life you will GAIN. And it truly is that simple.

UPDATE(july 2012): I now use Coconut Milk, Almond Milk, Hemp Milk only...AND Coconut Milk creamer in my coffee.


No comments:

Post a Comment