Saturday, February 5, 2011

Artichoke Pizza


It's time to take Pizza Fridays up a notch and try new pizza combinations that I've never had before.  This week was: Artichoke Pizza. I was skeptical because I really like sauce on my pizza and this concept had none. To my happy taste buds surprise, I didn't miss the traditional sauce. This was packed full of flavor. Give it a try! Let me know what you think.

Artichoke Pizza

Ingredients:
  • marinated artichoke hearts (chopped)
  • kalamata olives (slices or chopped)
  • roma tomatoes (sliced)
  • feta cheese
  • fresh mozzerella cheese (sliced)
  • 2-3 tsp olive oil
  • 2 garlic gloves (minced)


    There is no true sauce for this recipe. I take olive oil and add fresh minced garlic and let it sit for a few minutes to allow the olive oil to infuse with the garlic. (Or you can heat the oil and garlic in a microwave for about 30 seconds) Then I brush the olive oil on the crust, add other toppings, and bake as direction on the Wheat Pizza Dough post.

    Enjoy.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment