Wednesday, September 26, 2012

{clean} Black Bean Tostadas

I love all things Mexican when it comes to food.  It's taken me 2 years to get to this point next but, I no longer like super heavy, bad for you, Mexican food.  For some reason I find this upsetting because I used to LOVE it.  Last time I consumed a meal from my favorite local Mexican place I spent the remainder of the evening in bed with a "carb coma".  It was terrible. I was SO thirsty after the meal that I was convinced I had diabetes. Seriously, I have issues. My husband and kids are always saying, "I'm thirsty!!!". If you don't feel this way after eating out then you still have a ways to go, but I can assure you that day will come if you truly {clean} up your act completely.

This is something I like to make often:

{clean} Black Bean Tostadas 

Ingredients :

  • bag of black beans
  • minced garlic
  • cumin
  • chili powder
  • sea salt
  • black pepper

Directions:

1)Prepare beans according to bag. I do a quick soak of a hour. Boil water, cover and remove from heat and let it sit for a hour. Rinse, and begin cooking them.
2)Simmer them until they are very tender and then mash.
3)Heat tostadas in oven (approx. 400) until crispy.
4) Spread beans on tostadas (with or without cheese) then add lettuce, tomato, guacamole, and salsa. YUM!

NOTE: Play around with these ingredients. Start out with  2-3 tsps of cumin and chili powder. 4-6 cloves of garlic. Salt and Pepper to taste.  Also try Chipotle Hot Sauce sauce. It's yummy.

Tostadas come from Trader Joe's.









No comments:

Post a Comment