Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Life just keeps going....(without the Diet Coke)

Well folks! I've made it. Day 730 (2 years) off Diet Coke. WOW!  It had so much control over me and here I sit with much more respect for anyone that decides to quit a bad habit. 



 I am SO glad I decided to take on this goal. I feel worlds better now that I am off all artificial sweeteners. ALL OF THEM! No sugar free chewing gum, No sugar free vanilla syrup at Starbucks, No sugar free creamer in my coffee, No Sweet'n'Low, No Crystal light, No flavored tainted water, No diet yogurts, No sugar free candies, No Skinny Cow ice cream, No sugar free jell-o, No sugar free puddings, OK you get the point.  They are EVERYWHERE!

If you haven't taken the time to read my one year in review, check it out:  Diet Coke Rehab. It has many reasons to give it up!

Drinking soda is such a waste of money. It's a weekly expense you don't need. Just like someone that buys cigarettes daily or weekly. We don't need soda to survive, nor do we need cigarettes. I don't even want to begin to think about how much I saved going off of Diet Coke.  Another added perk of being of the soda is that I never go inside a gas station anymore...GROSS!

I rarely watch commercials, but when I do I can't help but look at the soda marketing differently. It's almost like a soda cult. Seriously, hear me out... You can ask ANY true soda drinker if they have a preference between Coke or Pepsi or even generic soda and they will have a clear answer.  I wouldn't even bother drinking Diet Pepsi because I was loyal to Diet Coke. They get consumers hooked on their syrup and chemicals in a can and it's hard to stop. 

I'm here to tell you that you can stop and it's in your best interest to do so.  Set a goal of 30 days and make it! And at day 29 set another 30 days.  Estimate what you spent daily or weekly on soda (or juices, energy drinks, flavored water) for your family and put it in a fund.  At the end of the year do something fun!  

I have a new appreciation for water. I actually crave it now! It does a body good, ya know? Keep on drinking it and read some reasons why you should below. Make your water "super water" by brewing pure good quality green tea and add it to your water (3-4 times a day). Check out why here: Miracle Tea


INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT
NOT DRINKING WATER
(source)
  •  75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (This likely applies to half the world's population).
  • In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
  • Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.
  •  One glass of water shuts down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of  the dieters investigated in a Univesity of Washington study.
  • Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
  • Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
  •  A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
  • Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%,  plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less  likely to develop bladder cancer.


No comments:

Post a Comment