Monday, October 24, 2011

{clean} Chocolate Cake Pops


I apologize for not blogging much lately but my attention has been on preparing for my daughter's 7th birthday party. Party planning is one of my passions and I throw {almost} my whole self into each birthday party.  I made four different flavors of cake pops for the party and this was a crowd pleaser for sure.

{clean} Chocolate Cake Pops

Recipe adapted from Babycakes Manual
Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup {organic} whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1/2 cup {organic} cane sugar ( i use super fine)
  • 3 Tbps cocoa
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp sea or kosher salt
  • 1/4 cup buttermilk *
  • 3 Tbps Organic Virgin Coconut oil (liquid measurement)
  • 1 egg (i use cage free/organic)
  • 1 tsp {pure} vanilla
  • 1/4 cup freshly brewed coffee
Directions:
1).  Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl.  Add buttermilk, oil, egg, and vanilla. Using a mixer, blend until smooth.
2).  Add coffee and continue mixing until coffee is evenly incorporated into mixture.

This is where the recipe will stop for now. I used the Babycakes machine and cooked twelve balls at a time for 4 minutes.  I suggest making mini or regular muffins and keeping an eye on them until a toothpick pulls out clean (probably baking at 350 degrees). I will repost once I have done this. 

Also, I plan to add more nutritional value to this recipe if it's going to making it's way to our table often. Stay tuned for that recipe!

NOTE: I dipped each pop in {organic} 73% dark chocolate. And no, the pearls are not {clean}! 
*Instead of buttermillk I poured 3/4 tsp lemon juice(or vinegar) into a glass measuring cup and then added enough milk to reach a 1/4 cup. Allow to stand for 5 minutes, then use in place of buttermilk in the recipe.



No comments:

Post a Comment